The Butler County Recorder's Office is pleased to announce a new initiative in the works that will benefit our United States Military Veterans.
In conjunction with the Butler County Veterans Services, Butler County Veterans will be able to obtain a Veteran Identification Card from our office. This card will display a picture of the veteran as well as various information regarding his, or her service to our country.
In order to receive an identification card, a veteran must record their military discharge with the Butler County Recorder's Office and show TWO of the following identifications. One of these forms of identification MUST contain a photo.
- An original or certified birth certificate;
- An identification card issued by the United States department of veterans affairs;
- A United States military identification card;
- A social security card;
- A license or permit to carry a concealed weapon issued by this state or any other state;
- A motor vehicle operator's license issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the individual;
- An identification card issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the individual;
- A valid passport that bears a photograph of the individual to whom the passport was issued.
Please note that the recorder's office must have the original or a certified copy of the DD214 for recording if it is not on file.
The fee to receive a Veteran ID Card will be $1.00. There is no charge to record the DD214. ID Cards will be issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.