Documents prepared after June 30, 2009 are governed by the Ohio Standardization Guidelines enacted in ORC 317.114.
If a document does not conform to these guidelines, an additional recording fee of $20.00 will be collected.
These guidelines are as follows:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point;
- Minimum paper size - 8½X11, Maximum paper size - 8½X14;
- Black or Blue ink ONLY;
- No use of highlighting;
- Margins of 1 inch on each side of the page and on the bottom;
- 3 inch margin on the top of the first page, reserved for recorder, auditor & engineer ONLY;
- 1 ½ inch margin on the top of each of the remaining pages.
This law does not apply to:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority;
- Any state or federal document;
- Any document executed before the effective date of this law.